VFA High School has been established as a bridge between our students’ education in their home countries and their further education in Canada. We prepare students academically and culturally for success in this country. Over the years, we have watched proudly as our graduates have gone on to success in the public or independent senior high school systems and enter the finest universities in Canada and around the world. Learn More…
What We Offer
High School Credit Program and ESL/High School Preparation Program
- Grades 7 ~12
- Flexible start dates, Full-time, Year-round, 3 terms
- Short term available
- Small classes
Summer/Winter Intensive ESL Program for Teenagers
- ESL and cultural activities for high school students age 12 ~ 17
- Summer Program Offered in July and August
- Winter Program Offered in January and February
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
- English instruction and introduction to Canadian society
- Available to new immigrants to Canada
- No tuition fee required
Why Choose VFA High School?
- Grades 7-12
- Certified with B.C. Ministry of Education
- Year-round, 3 Terms (September, January, and May entry)
- Small, Individualized Classes
- Flexible Start Dates
- Short-term Study Available
- Direct Communication with Parents
- Personalized Student Services
- Convenient and Safe…
Vancouver Formosa Academy
5621 Killarney Street
Vancouver, BC V5R 3W4
Click here for the Map …
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 604-436-2332
- Fax: 604-436-2331
Now accepting applications for the September 2022 Term – The High School Program includes Grades 7-12 credit courses, ESL and Academic Preparation. Courses are fully certified by the British Columbia Ministry of Education. Homestay is available. Please click on the “High School” link above for more information and the application form. Depending on the situation, we may also accept students mid-term. Please contact the school.
VFA Update – Covid 19 –
Dear VFA High School Parents, Guardian and Students:
We are continuing to have a safe Spring 2022 term. With a lot of space in the building and strict protocols, we will continue to provide a safe, productive environment for our students and staff.
At VFA High School, our priority is keeping everyone safe and healthy during this time. We have developed a detailed COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan, including such infection control measures as:
- Symptom Assessment and Illness Policies and Procedures
- Physical Distancing Strategies and Minimal Physical Contact
- Hand Hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Frequent Cleaning and Disinfection
- Lunchtime Protocol
Please note that according to BC Ministry of Education rules, the wearing of protective masks in the school is now optional for students and staff. The school will respect the personal choice of all students and staff in this regard.
However, as COVID-19 still exists in our society, all persons should continue to use physical distancing as much as possible and avoid close physical contact.
Please click here for the full Vancouver Formosa Academy Health and Safety Plan-updated March 28, 2022
Please click on the links below for more COVID-19 Information
BC COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool
BC’s COVID-19 Safe Schools Plan
BC Centre for Disease Control-COVID-19 Information
COVID-19 Resources in Other Languages
中文 – Read School information in Chinese
VFA 30 Year Celebration! –
VFA is celebrating its 30th Year !
Thank you to everyone who came to our Open House on September 14.
It was a great success!
Vancouver Formosa Academy is an independent school fully certified by the British Columbia Ministry of Education